CSX schedules railroad repairs
Beginning this month, wooden railroad ties will be replaced on the Portsmouth Division of the CSX line — part of which stretches from Garysburg, North Carolina, and up through Suffolk, Virginia.
Erika L. Elmore, assistant manager for CSX Transportation Division, said the maintenance requires a very large CSX team that specializes in such work. The asphalt where vehicles cross over will have to be torn out in order to replace the ties.
She added that signage will be set up to mark detours, and each crossing will be closed anywhere from two to five days. That amount of time could change, with or without notice, owing to unforeseen conditions such as inclement weather; rescheduling is a possibility.
Elmore also said that for emergency vehicle purposes in Franklin, one of the High Street, Main Street or Mechanic Street sites would be left open.
In Isle of Wight County, work will be done at the following sites:
- Bobcat Lane (Off of Carrsville Highway, One way in/out); Closing on/around 2/9/21
- Jenkins Mill Road (Near Dukes Lane); Closing on/around 2/9/21
- Harvest Drive (Between Old Carrsville Rd and Eleys Lane); Closing on/around 2/10/21
- Old Carrsville Road (Between Old Myrtle Rd and Eleys Lane); Closing on/around 2/10/21
- Lees Mill Road (Off of Carrsville Hwy); Closing on/around 2/8/21
- Carver Road / Camp Family Hwy (Between Carrsville Hwy and Whitley Ln); Closing on/around 2/8/21
- Green Oaks Lane (Off of Carrsville Highway, One way in/out); Closing on/around 2/9/21
- Handsom Road (Between Story Dr and Railroad Dr); Closing on/around 2/2/21
- Private Road/Shady Brook Trl (South of Arkema Inc.); Closing on/around 2/3/21
- Delaware Road (Off of General Thomas Hwy); Closing on/around 2/3/21
- Rose Valley Road (Off of General Thomas Hwy); Closing on/around 2/3/21
- S. College Drive (Between Armory Dr and Maplewood Ave); Closing on/around 2/4/21
- S. High Street (Between W. 1st Ave and Bogart St); Closing on/around 2/8/21
- S. Main Street (Between W. 1st Ave and Bogart St); Closing on/around 2/8/21
- N. Mechanic Street (Between E. 1st Ave and Elm St); Closing on/around 2/8/21